Re: postgresql vs mysql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Walker
Subject Re: postgresql vs mysql
Date
Re: postgresql vs mysql  (Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>)
List pgsql-general
I'm not sure what you're trying to do but, it appears that you database
design is incorrect.  What you need is something like

CREATE TABLE temp_readings
(
  _date Date,
  temperature double,
  source varchar(20),
)

No reading, no record.  Are you suggesting that you would have a weekly
set of records for each row?

CREATE TABLE temp_readings
(
  weekstart date,