Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Teodor Sigaev
Subject Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> In that proposed syntax, I would drop all "=", ",", "(", and ")".  They
> don't seem necessary and they are untypical for SQL commands.  I'd
> compare with CREATE FUNCTION or CREATE SEQUENCE for SQL commands that
> do similar things.

I was looking at CREATE TYPE mostly. With removing "=", ",", "(", and ")" in
CREATE/ALTER FULLTEXT it's needed to add several items in unreserved_keyword
list. And increase gram.y by adding new rules similar to  OptRoleList instead of
simple opt_deflist:'(' def_list ')'   { $$ = $2; }      | /*EMPTY*/          { $$ = NIL; }      ;

Is it acceptable?
List of new keywords is: LOCALE, LEXIZE, INIT, OPT, GETTOKEN, LEXTYPES, HEADLINE

So, syntax will be
CREATE FULLTEXT DICTIONARY dictname    LEXIZE  lexize_function    [ INIT init_function ]    [ OPT opt_text ];

CREATE FULLTEXT DICTIONARY dictname   [ { LEXIZE  lexize_function | INIT init_function | OPT opt_text } [...] ]
LIKE template_dictname;

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/