Re: pgAdmin III 1.6.2 sends plaintext password - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists)
Subject Re: pgAdmin III 1.6.2 sends plaintext password
Date
List pgadmin-support
patrimith wrote: <blockquote cite="mid8994189.post@talk.nabble.com" type="cite"><pre wrap="">
"password_encryption"in your PostgreSQL server's

postgresql.conf file?

[root@byron ~]# cat /endeavour/dbstore/postgresql.conf|grep
'password_encryption'
password_encryption = on
[root@byron ~]#
That's the value in my PostgreSQL server's postgresql.conf.

Are you saying that pgAdmin knows the password_encryption setting for the
thehandshake works out which authentication scheme to use.<br /> How was your user created?  When you add a new login
role,it stores the encrypted password in the login profile:<br /><br /> CREATE ROLE test LOGIN ENCRYPTED PASSWORD
password_encryptionwas set to off when the user was created, I'd guess it would create it with a plain-text password
(not100% sure.)<br /><br /><blockquote cite="mid8994189.post@talk.nabble.com" type="cite"><pre wrap="">

I'd like to be able to connect using both plaintext and md5-encrypted
passwords to the same server depending on the environment in which the