Re: "anyelement2" pseudotype - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: "anyelement2" pseudotype
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Come to think of it, we really do need some refactoring in
> parse_coerce.c.
[snip]
>  I'm not very sure what a good refactoring would look like,
> but I am sure that I don't want all their call sites having to
> individually account for ANYfoo types.  Any thoughts?

I was just thinking earlier that we need some sort of ANYany(oid) test.
I guess a very simple minded approach would just macro expand it, to
something like what's there now, or if we were more adventurous we could
rearrange things so that a bitmask test would work.

cheers

andrew