Re: Priorities for users or queries? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Benjamin Arai
Subject Re: Priorities for users or queries?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Magnus,

Think this can be avoided as long the the queries executed on the lower
priority process never lock anything important.  In my case, I would
alway be doing inserts with the lower priority process, so inversion
should never occur.  On the other hand if some lock occur somewhere else
specific to Postgres then there may be an issue.  Are there any other
tables locked by the the Postgres process other than those locks
explicitly set by the query?

Benjamin