Re: Modifying a foreign key constraint? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc Branchaud
Subject Re: Modifying a foreign key constraint?
Date
List pgsql-general
Richard Broersma Jr wrote:

> Sure there is, you can preform multiple alterations in one statement:
>
> ALTER TABLE foo DROP CONSTRAINT foo_bar_id_fkey,
>                 ADD CONSTRAINT foo_bar_id_fkey
>                 FOREIGN KEY (bar_fkey)
>                 REFERENCES bar (id)
>                 ON DELETE CASCADE;

Doh!  That's perfectly fine, of course.

I was wondering if there might be something along the lines of an ALTER
CONSTRAINT clause, which could change a specific aspect of a constraint
without having to re-specify the whole thing.

        Marc