Possibly odd question; diff results? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Madison Kelly
Subject Possibly odd question; diff results?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

   I've got a 'history' schema that records changes in the public schema
tables over time. I use a trigger and function to do this. What I would
like to do though, and this may not even be possible, is say something
like (pseudo-code) "SELECT DIFF foo_name FROM history.foo WHERE
foo_id=X;" and have a *nix 'diff' style results shown (sort of like
looking at diffs in CVS/SVN).

   Has anyone done this or should I just look into writing a small
program to do this outside of postgres?

Thanks!

Madi