Re: Client connection: Port 5432 / Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Client connection: Port 5432 / Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Nicolas Gignac wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed Postgres 8.2 on a internal server having Windows Server
> 2003 (IIS 6) up and running.
> - I have configure the hp_config file to: host
> all                             0.0.0.0./0
> md5

Don't you mean pg_hba.conf?

> - I have change the listening address to '*' in the postgres.conf file
> - No Firewall activated on this internal server
> - I have restart the server and I can connect to postgres from remote
> computer, PostgreSQL works only from the local host
> - When I do a Netstat I got this: TCP           127.0.0.0.1:5432
> 0.0.0.0.0                          LISTENING              440

It's either not re-read the postgresql.conf file or there is a syntax
error in the file. Otherwise you'd see it listening. What do the logs
say when you restart PostgreSQL?

> - When I tried to connect from local host to the port with telnet localhost
> 5432, I got an error: on port 23, connect failed.

That looks like you're trying to connect to port 23.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd