Re: Database corruption. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Guerin
Subject Re: Database corruption.
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Guerin <guerin@rentec.com> writes:
>
>>> Hmm, that makes it sound like a plain old data-corruption problem, ie,
>>> trashed xmin or xmax in some tuple header.  Can you do a "select
>>> count(*)" from this table without getting the error?
>>>

>> no,  select count(*) fails around 25 millions rows.
>>

> OK, so you should be able to narrow down the corrupted row(s) and zero
> them out, which'll at least let you get back the rest of the table.
> See past archives for the standard divide-and-conquer approach to this.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Ok, so I'm trying to track down the rows now (big table slow queries :(
)  How does one zero out a corrupt row, plain delete?  I see references
for creating the missing pg_clog file but I don't believe that's what
you're suggesting..

-michael