Re: accidentally deleted user --> postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shane Ambler
Subject Re: accidentally deleted user --> postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
g f wrote:
> Shane,
> thanks for the advice.
> I created the user: net user postgres /add
> I still get the error. When I try to start the postgres service in
> windows-->services I get a "The service did not start due to logon failure"

As long as the postgres user account is not in the admin group check
that the postgresql service is set to Log on as user postgres.

Not sure of the command line but in the gui the service settings has a
'Log On' tab that allows you to set a specific user to run the service.
This is where you need to check that your postgres user is used to start
the service or maybe the password there doesn't match the new account.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL@007Marketing.com

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz