Re: Predicted lifespan of different PostgreSQL branches - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Predicted lifespan of different PostgreSQL branches
Date
Re: Predicted lifespan of different PostgreSQL branches  (Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-general
Richard Huxton wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>>
>> Also, three just seems like a sensible number to maintain. I kinda
>> like Magnus' idea to put older releases into a sort of 'retired' mode
>> though, and build only the binaries for PostgreSQL itself.
>
> The other option would be for one or more Windows users to step forward
> and say "I'll package 8.0 if I get some help".

Or in case one of the PostgreSQL support companies actually have
customers running this that needs it, they could do it. Obviously edb
doesn't feel the need, since Dave's not been ordered to :-)

//Magnus