Re: Limit on number of users in postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Walker
Subject Re: Limit on number of users in postgresql?
Date
List pgsql-general
OK, let me think.  In my situation, I'm writing an accounting app.  A
typical situation would be a standard user would be able to update data
in a timesheet while an administrator would be able to approve the time
sheet.  If I gave the standard user access to the timesheet header
table, they would also have access to an approval field, so I'd need
something like "column" level security.  I could put in a trigger where
I check the permissions of someone attempting to set the approval
column.  Yes, I think that would probably work.

I think you're correct.  I can do pretty much what I want without
developing a proxy server.  That's what I think I'll do, my original
plan of adding users with different roles.  It still gives me the
creeps, allowing lots of people direct access to my server.

Thanks.