Re: Database versus filesystem for storing images - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Chernow
Subject Re: Database versus filesystem for storing images
Date
List pgsql-general
 > what happens if you rollback a transaction that just updated
 > an image file?
 >
 > for that matter, what happens if one transaction is using or
 > even reading an image while another is updating it?

One thing I mentioned was about a point in time backup, not updating the image.
  This would rollback the transaction on the backup server, not the live one.

I was also proposing to never update an image.  Just generate a new file, you
got 64-bits worth of ids.  If you need to rollback an update to image on the
live server, unlink() the file and rollback.   If all is good, unlink the old
version.

andrew