Re: Optimalisation options change query results - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Optimalisation options change query results
Date
Found an example prooving bug
List pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> Optimalisation options change query results

SQL92 says

              Whether a sort key value that is null is considered greater
              or less than a non-null value is implementation-defined, but
              all sort key values that are null shall either be considered
              greater than all non-null values or be considered less than
              all non-null values.

Postgres appears to me to satisfy the spec.  There's nothing here that
says we can't choose different NULL treatments in different queries...

            regards, tom lane