Re: Frustrating LO problem - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists)
Subject Re: Frustrating LO problem
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Sean,

I'm certainly not a PostgreSQL expert when it comes to large objects
etc, but there's one thing that jumps out at me here (perhaps someone
else can see the same line of thought and into more depth as I can't
think of much else to suggest?)

> The logfile lines when it doesn't:
> {
> WARNING:  nonstandard use of \\ in a string literal at character 94
> HINT:  Use the escape string syntax for backslashes, e.g., E'\\'.
> LOG:  statement: insert into doc.templates (description, last_update,
> template) values ('test', '12/29/2006', 'testfile\\056contents')
> ERROR:  invalid input syntax for type oid: "testfile\056contents"

^^ here it seems to be thinking that column 'template' is of type 'oid',
not 'lo' (if I'm reading the error right:  "invalid input syntax for
type oid").

Just double-check what data-type that column is in this database.

Regards,

Andy.