Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 and asynchronous replication through VPN - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John DeSoi
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 and asynchronous replication through VPN
Date
List pgsql-general
On Nov 30, 2011, at 5:02 AM, Edson Richter wrote:

> I assume that the OpenVPN got disconnected for a few seconds, and came back again.
>
> My question is: assuming I have enough wal segments on Master side, does the Slave get synchronized automatically
afterthe connection is reestablished, or I'll need to restart Slave PostgreSQL to put it in sync again?

> If I restart Slave PostgreSQL, I get:

Yes, it automatically catches up when the connection is working again. You should not have to restart the slave.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.