Re: Authenticating with x509 certificate - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Authenticating with x509 certificate
Date
List pgsql-general
Andre Lebedev wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Based on the information I was able to find so far, it seems that
> Postgres has the capability of authenticating users through x509
> certificate. But I can't find instructions on how to do it.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated!

It does not, unfortunately (yet - IIRC someone was working on it). It
can be configured to *require* a trusted client-side X509 certificate,
but it can't be used for authenticating the user.

To require a client certificate, create a list of root certs to match
against - see http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/ssl-tcp.html.

//Magnus