Re: Speed of postgres compared to ms sql, is this - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Teodor Sigaev
Subject Re: Speed of postgres compared to ms sql, is this
Date
List pgsql-general
> These sorts of reports would be far more helpful if they contained some
> specifics.  What queries does MSSQL do better than Postgres, exactly?

Our OR-patch was inspired by our customer migrating from MS SQL to postgres.
Next, index support of IS NULL. And, there is a huge difference in performance
for queries like
select * from a,b where a.f = b.f or ( a.f is null and b.f is null)

NULL support is fast in MS SQL because MS SQL doesn't follow SQL standard: index
in MS SQL believes that (NULL = NULL) is true.

                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/