Re: Separation of clients' data within a database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Separation of clients' data within a database
Date
List pgsql-general
<456F2795.3070603@hardgeus.com>,
John McCawley <nospam@hardgeus.com> wrote:

> 4) Create views for each client that filter the underlying table data
> only show them their data.  The only database objects they would have

> read permission on are these views.  Come to think of it, this is
> probably the best way to go.

That's what I'd be looking at.  Be sure to revoke public rights on the
database and public schema, and grant back the rights you want.  Think
about using the schemas to segregate the views for the various clients.

-Kevin