Re: UNICODE and PL/PGSQL - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bart Degryse
Subject Re: UNICODE and PL/PGSQL
Date
List pgsql-sql
I haven't got enough permissions to install new programs. Big brother... ;-)
I get the error in a plpgsql function
I use PostgreSQL 8.1.4 with EMS SQL Manager 2005 (3.6.0.1).

>>> Markus Schaber <schabi@logix-tt.com> 2006-11-27 16:53 >>>
Hi, Bart,

Bart Degryse wrote:

> I should have said "The ICT department doesn't give me access to the
> psql command line interface".

Hmm, and you can't install psql on the same host you use to run pgadmin?

It's just a client, that connects to PostgreSQL the same way as pgamdin.

> ERROR:  operator does not exist: character varying || bytea
> HINT:  No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You may
> need to add explicit type casts.
> CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT   $1  || decode(to_hex( $2 ), 'hex')"

Hmm. Strange.

Does it happen in a plpgsql function, or when issuing the select as
PREPARE statement via pgadmin?

Which PostgreSQL version are you running?

Markus

Dipl. Inf.     | Software Development GIS

www.nosoftwarepatents.org