Re: starting postgres on windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: starting postgres on windows
Date
List pgsql-general
On 27 Nov 2006 at 8:03, garry saddington wrote:

> How would I start Postgres on windows as an un-privileged user without
> logging into an un-privileged account. I have tried the -U switch but
> it still complains. I have version 8.

If you installed PostgreSQL using the installer - which I'd
recommend, as it makes life *very* easy - then along the way it
should have created an unprivileged user. Have a look at the server
service in Administrative Tools -> Services, and on the "Log on" tab
you should see the user under which it's running.

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell
Director of Music, Galway Cathedral, Galway, Ireland
rod@iol.ie