Re: pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Wilson
Subject Re: pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-general

Bob Pawley wrote:
No joy

pg_dump aurel > aurel.out

Returns -
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "pg_dump" at character 8
Looks like you're trying to run it from psql. pg_dump is a command line utility. Run it directly from the shell command prompt (or cmd window on windows).

Pete

I've had a bit of trouble with the PostgreSQL system if that helps. (access violation with a reinstall)

Bob

----- Original Message ----- From: "Konrad Neuwirth" <k.neuwirth@gmail.com>