Re: COPY FROM : out of memory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Arnaud Lesauvage
Subject Re: COPY FROM : out of memory
Date
List pgsql-general
Martijn van Oosterhout a écrit :
> On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 11:27:06AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Arnaud Lesauvage <thewild@freesurf.fr> writes:
>> > When trying to import a 20M rows csv file into PostgreSQL, I
>> > get :
>>
>> > ERROR: out of memory
>> > État SQL :53200
>> > Détail :Failed on request of size 1073741823.
>> > Contexte : COPY tmp, line 1
>>
>> Can you put together a self-contained example?  The reference to "line
>> 1" suggests that you wouldn't need the whole 20M row file, just the
>> first few rows ...
>
> Maybe it's a line termination problem?
>
> Have a nice day,

I think you are right !
Trying to see the first line with sed outputs the whole file!
All I did was export the file in UNICODE from MSSQL, convert
it with iconv -f "UCS-4-INTERNAL" -t "UTF-8" myfile.cvs.

I guess I still don't have the right encoding... :(