Re: build a SDB cache for Spatial Database based on postgis - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fuhry
Subject Re: build a SDB cache for Spatial Database based on postgis
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Zhang,
   You'll have better luck posting this question on the postgis-users
mailing list; this list is for development of the core PostgreSQL
database.  The subscription page for postgis-users is here:

   Briefly though, at least Oracle, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2, and Informix
can be configured to store, manipulate, and index geometry types in the
database.  These are the key features of a spatial database.  Support
for these capabilities in MySQL seems to be under development.  ArcSDE
is middleware which is sometimes used to store spatial data in a
non-spatial database.

-Dave Fuhry