Re: Win32 signals & sockets - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Win32 signals & sockets
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
> This patch *replaces* the previous one. Contains the exact same changes,
> except it *also* contains the move of the backend parameter file to
> shared memory on win32.

Committed with some small editorializing.  Possibly the weight of my
concern about further dividing the Unix and Win32 cases can be brought
home to you by pointing out that the non-Windows EXEC_BACKEND case had
three different compile failures after applying the patch.

I think the error recovery in the Windows internal_forkexec() routine
is pretty shoddy --- most of the failure paths leak resources of one
variety or another.  Perhaps you can fix that during your upcoming
code refactoring.

            regards, tom lane