Re: Why the data changes it's value by itself! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Why the data changes it's value by itself!
Date
List pgsql-general
Ardian Xharra wrote:
> No, sorry about the name of the table it's the same table.
> Yes, the change is in live database during a select

OK, so it's definitely a data change. Can you get the numeric value of
the character in question, and compare it to the original value
   SELECT ascii(substring(my_column,5,1)) WHERE ...;
   SELECT ascii('6');
You might want an index other than 5 of course.

What I'm wondering is whether this is a single-bit error that has
occurred. If it is, I'd suspect hardware problems.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd