Re: WAL Archiving under Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Tassonis
Subject Re: WAL Archiving under Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
Richard Huxton wrote:

>>>                                             ^^^
>>> Could the lack of a double-backslash be causing the problem?
>>>

>> Sorry, that was a problem on my quoting. The config file reads:
>>

>> archive_command = 'copy %p d:\\backup\\logs\\%f'
>
> Hmm - in that case I'd be tempted to wrap it in a small script so you
> can log the parameters passed in and return code passed out.

The strange thing is, even with loglevel debug5, I don't get any log
message indicating that postgres is even trying to call the command. Is
there only anything in the logfile if the copying succeeds or are there
cases where postgres thinks it doesn't have to copy them. From what I
understand, the wal files should be copied fairly often, so if postgres
breaks, everything is at the (hopefully still intact) archive location.

Bye
Tim