Re: On what we want to support: travel? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Michael Dean
Subject Re: On what we want to support: travel?
Date
Re: On what we want to support: travel?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: On what we want to support: travel?  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Andrew Sullivan wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 06:31:02PM -0700, Michael Dean wrote:
>>
>>> However, lacking a concrete organization where lines of authority are
>>> clearly understood and established, this is easier said than done!
>>>
>> Presumably, we don't have that problem here.  A proposal could come
>> to the funds group liason, and the laison would decide whether to
>> fund it or not.  I'd expect an arrangement of percentages of agreed
>> funding for milestones reached.

Ad hoc decisions by an appointed committee that is reactive to
indiosyncratic proposals seems somewhat unethical.  Perhaps I am wrong,
but wouldn't it be better if there were a document clearly specifying
spending priorities that was relatively accepted by consensus of a broad
group of pg'ers, and that an opportunity to qualify for these monies
could be promulgated to the broader group?