Re: Anyone using a SAN? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Peter Koczan
Subject Re: Anyone using a SAN?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Thanks for all your input, it is very helpful. A SAN for our postgres
deployment is probably sufficient in terms of performance, because we
just don't have that much data. I'm a little concerned about needs for
user and research databases, but if a project needs a big, fast
database, it might be wise to have them shell out for DAS.

My co-workers and I are meeting with a vendor in two weeks (3Par,
specifically), and I think I have a better idea of what I should be
looking at. I'll keep you all up on the situation. Keep the ideas
coming as I still would like to know of any other important factors.

Thanks again.

Peter