JDBC and GSSAPI/Krb5 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Peter Koczan
Subject JDBC and GSSAPI/Krb5
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi all,

I know this question has been asked before, but the answer might have
changed with the impending release of postgresql 8.3. Since 8.3
supports GSSAPI authentication, and Java can talk to Kerberos through
GSSAPI (though not natively), is this feasible? I keep getting this
"authentication type 7 is not supported" errors, so I know it's not
currently supported. Are there any plans to have GSSAPI support for
the 8.3 JDBC driver, or are there showstoppers in doing so?

This would be a very nice selling point and extra feature for
upgrading to 8.3. Thanks much.

Peter