Re: BUG #4567: Clustering on GIST INDEX clobbers records in table intermittently - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #4567: Clustering on GIST INDEX clobbers records in table intermittently
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Regina Obe" <robe.dnd@cityofboston.gov> writes:
> intermittently

> This doesn't always happen to me but does intermittently, and for others it
> happens all the time.

I wonder whether this is fixed by this recent patch:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2008-12/msg00053.php

The pre-patch behavior would've depended on the value of a
never-initialized struct field, so the erratic behavior is explained
by varying contents of memory.  I'm unable to make it happen in an
assert-enabled build, but that's probably because the initial contents
of a palloc'd chunk are never zeroes in such a build.

            regards, tom lane