Changing Field Ordinal Position - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Chris Campbell
Subject Changing Field Ordinal Position
Date
List pgsql-novice

Using PostgreSQL 9.0.1

Hi, is it possible to change the ordinal position of fields in a table, or, more specifically, be able to specify the ordinal position when adding new fields to a table.  I see that each field has a property called “position” yet there seems to be no way to change it, or, when fields are dropped from a table does it seem to update.

I looked at the ALTER [ COLUMN ] column SET ( attribute_option = value [, ... ] ) and RESET ( attribute_option [, ... ] ) but according to the documentation this only applies to n_distinct and n_distinct_inherited properties.  Thank you for any assistance…

Chris Campbell

Cascade Data Solutions, Inc.

ccampbell@CascadeDS.com

(800) 280-2090