Re: Server Status Activity grid - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Chris Campbell
Subject Re: Server Status Activity grid
Date
List pgadmin-support
> Chris Campbell-14 wrote
> > My question is, where is the Application name column pulling its data
> > from?

> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/runtime-config-
> logging.html
>
> Section 18.8.3
>
> "application_name"
>
> Issue a:
>
> SET application_name = 'my_application';
>
> command upon establishing a connection.  Probably can setup this on a
> per-user basis if desired.
>
> David J.

Hi David.  Thank you for your reply.  I'm developing in a .net environment and for posterity purposes will document the
methodI used thanks to your suggestion.  I use a 3rd party component called dotConnect for PostgreSQL (From Devart) for
mydata connection.

string strAppName = "MyApp";
string strCurrentUser = "CurrentUser";

oCommand = mydataconnection.CreateCommand;
oCommand.CommandText = "set application_name = '" + strAppName + "-" + strCurrentUser + "'";
oCommand.ExecuteNonQuery();

Looking at the answer now I suppose it would have been more appropriate to post this question in a different forum, but
sinceI spotted what I wanted in pgAdmin it made sense to me to start here.

FYI, I use pgAdmin daily and am grateful for all the hard work you people put into it.

Thanks again,

Chris