Re: Bug: Missing tuples in results written to file - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Erwin Brandstetter
Subject Re: Bug: Missing tuples in results written to file
Date
List pgadmin-support
dpage@vale-housing.co.uk wrote:

> On 17/10/06 17:06, "Erwin Brandstetter" <brandstetter@falter.at> wrote:
>

>     dpage@vale-housing.co.uk wrote:
>     > With a new file, will it fail on a system table such as pg_class, or
>     > just your data?
>     >

>     Could reproduce it with select * from pg_catalog.pg_class;
>     .. overwriting an existing output file.
>     .. creating a new output file.
>
> OK, so that pretty much rules out a data issue. Is this with
> PostgreSQL 8.1.something?

Database is v. 8.1.4. Debian Sarge with PostgreSQL from backports.org

select version();
PostgreSQL 8.1.4 on i386-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC cc (GCC) 3.3.5
(Debian 1:3.3.5-13)

postgres@dbneu:~/dev$ uname -a
Linux dbneu 2.6.8.erwin20061004 #1 SMP Wed Oct 4 22:44:51 CEST 2006 i686
GNU/Linux

Local OS: Windows XP. Connection via puTTY SSH with port forwarding

>     Interestingly, there are never more than 6 tuples missing. With small
>     result sets fewer sometimes, but never more.
>     I have appended a sample output file and a screenshot of SQL dialogue
>     window with export dialogue
>

> Hmm – does File -> Export get it right?

Nope. First try with select * from pg_catalog.pg_class limit 40; yielded
6 empty tuple at the bottom.

Regards
Erwin