Re: CVS repository rsync - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: CVS repository rsync
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I've set up my laptop to sync down the full cvs repository using rsync
> (remember - windows = no cvsup). This works well, except every now and
> then (not every time, but definitly often enough to bother me) it
> resyncs the entire repository, and not just the files that have had
> commits to them.
>
> Anybody have a clue as to why this is happening, and what I can do about
> it?
>
> //Magnus

This, perhaps?:

--modify-window When comparing two timestamps rsync  treats  the  timestamps  as being  equal if they are within the
valueof modify_window. This is normally zero, but you may find it useful to set  this  to  a larger  value  in some
situations.In particular, when transfer- ring to Windows FAT filesystems  which  cannot  represent  times with a 1
secondresolution --modify-window=1 is useful.

(from rsync man page)

Cheers,
Steve