Re: Index on two columns not used - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Arnaud Lesauvage
Subject Re: Index on two columns not used
Date
List pgsql-performance
Heikki Linnakangas a écrit :
> Arnaud Lesauvage wrote:
>> It is quite typical, yes. It is the base query of a view. In fact, most
>> views have a lot more joins (they join with all the upper-level tables).
>> But 150ms is OK, indeed.
>
> If the query using the view does anything more than a "SELECT * FROM
> view", you should do an explain analyze of the query instead of the
> definition of the view. The access plan might look very different.

The views are used as linked tables in an Access Frontend.
Some accesses are "select * from view", others might filter
on a country_id or something similar.
For the moment performance is good, so I think I'll keep a
normalized database as long as it is possible !

Thanks for your help Heikki !