Re: Beta 3 crashing reproducably - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Erwin Brandstetter
Subject Re: Beta 3 crashing reproducably
Date
List pgadmin-support
brandstetter@falter.at wrote:

>>> Also, there is no way to pick the user with which to connect.
>>>

>> No. It will use the username/password you specified when you registered
>> the server in the main browser.
>>

> I can (and do) have multiple connections registered, with different
> usernames to the same server. There is no way to tell one from the
> other in the dialogue.

Also, the registered connections ask for "maintainance DB". Most
queries, however, will be run against other DBs in the cluster.
I quote your help file:

> The maintenance DB field is used to specify the initial database that
> pgAdmin connects to, and that will be expected to have the pgAgent
> <pgagent.html> schema and adminpack <extend.html> objects installed
> (both optional). On PostgreSQL 8.1 and above, the maintenance DB is
> normally called 'postgres', and on earlier versions 'template1' is
> often used, though it is preferrable to create a 'postgres' database
> for this purpose to avoid cluttering the template database.

If I can only chose among registered connections to maintaeinance DBs,
the whole "database bar" is basically useless.

Regards
Erwin