Re: full disjunction in press kit for 8.2 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dan Langille
Subject Re: full disjunction in press kit for 8.2
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 15 Oct 2006 at 23:20, Harald Armin Massa wrote:

> >  I wanted to
> > include a mention of the Full Disjunctions project because it bolsters our
> > claim to "the most advanced open source database", even though it won't be
> > ready for inclusion into the core code until at least v8.3.
> >

> That is a noble idea, Josh; and I think it really fits. I tried to follow
> that Full Disjunctions threads and discussions, but up to today I still do
> not know what a Full Disjunction really is.
>
> Is there anything more than the allready mentioned Web Link with that short
> abstract, that FD is good for Webservices (200points for
> BuzzWordCompatibilitie); but some simple example with 2 tables who are full
> disjunctioned would be very very helpfull.
>
> Has anyone a hint? (yes. I googled it)

http://code.google.com/soc/pgsql/appinfo.html?csaid=34B13296DE039A78

It looks to be useful for circular references.

--
Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work
my resume: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php