Re: continuing daily testing of dbt2 against postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Wong
Subject Re: continuing daily testing of dbt2 against postgresql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 08, 2006 at 05:26:11PM -0700, Mark Wong wrote:
>> I made another couple of gross mistakes of forgetting to compile
>> PostgreSQL with --enable-thread-safe and enabling the user space irq
>> balancing program in Linux.  I've restarted the histories with 600 and
>
> What's the advantage of irq balancing in user space as opposed to the
> kernel (which is the default, right?)

Linux doesn't have irq balancing in the kernel.  They've made the
decision to leave that to a user space process.  The irq balancing flag
in the kernel is just to enable the hooks for a user space program.

Mark