Re: Cant connect to psql on winxp - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Adam Radlowski
Subject Re: Cant connect to psql on winxp
Date
List pgsql-admin
Four thigs:
1. Do You have in "postgresql.conf" in section "CONNECION AND
AUTENTICATION" active opction (default is 'localhost'):
listen_adress='*' (if You want to be more safe, read PDF with PostgreSQL
doc chapter 17)
2. You're telneting 83.xxx.xxx.xxx, but You have 62.xxx.xxx.xxx in
pg_hba.conf
3. Try using mode "open for all": 0.0.0.0/0.  If You have this mode and
"listen_adress='*'" You have fully open PostgreSQL. If You have still
problems, this should be TCP/IP connection problem. If You want to be
more safe: if You are using 24 mode adress, so in pg_hba.conf You will
have: xxx.xxx.xxx.0/24, 32 mode: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/32 for more read PDF
with PostgreSQL doc (chapter 20)
4. Do You have really telnet service started on 5432 port ? I suggest to
stop this service, when You are using other service on tis same port.

With greetings
Adam