Re: Tutorial/Example of Insert/Select PDF Postgres DB ? - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Chris
Subject Re: Tutorial/Example of Insert/Select PDF Postgres DB ?
Date
List pgsql-php
ben wilko wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I am looking for an examples on how to insert a PDF file into Postgres
> DB and also selecting it so that someone can download it from a page.

You would be much better off storing the path to the file (or just the
filename) in the database, leaving the file itself on the filesystem and
password protecting the downloads folder with a .htaccess file or something.

You could then have something like download.php?file=filename.txt and go
from there (it would use fpassthru to just spit the file out to the
browser etc)..

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/