Re: Missing tables in postgresql 7.2.4 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Missing tables in postgresql 7.2.4
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Michael Beckstette" <mbeckste@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> writes:
> we recently discovered on our production database an a little bit bizarre
> problem (after two years stable operations). Some tables are simply missing, or
> sometimes the affected table(s) is/are there but not listed in pg_tables.

This sounds a bit like a transaction ID wraparound problem.  Have you
been vacuuming your whole database on a reasonable schedule?  The
missing tables might conceivably be old enough that their pg_class rows
have wrapped around "into the future".  It'd be useful to look at
    SELECT datname, age(datfrozenxid) FROM pg_database;

            regards, tom lane