Testing / debuging data import - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Brendon Gleeson
Subject Testing / debuging data import
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi All,

I am in the process of migrating all my data from MySQL to Postgres.

I am getting errors during the data import (non critical), my data is
ending up a couple of rows short. This is probably to be expected
considering that MySQL doesn't have much respect for data type constaints.

Basically what I want to do is simulate a data import (from a file with
full insert statements and no table creation), I want the offending
record/line to be printed to stdout with a verbose / helpful error.

I would preferbly like to use psql from the command line, eg:
$ psql [OPTIONS] < data.sql