Re: Change onership of database and all tables? (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Sidney-Woollett
Subject Re: Change onership of database and all tables? (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-general
If you use the following query:

select 'grant all on '||schemaname||'.'||tablename||' to NEWOWNER;'
from pg_tables
where schemaname in ('schema1', 'schema2', 'schema3', 'schemaN');

You will generate the appropriate scripts to grant ALL rights on tables
belonging to 'schema1', 'schema2', 'schema3', 'schemaN' to the user
NEWUSER.

Copy the resulting rows, and run them against the database. Simple, and
effective.

Hope that helps.

John Sidney-Woollett