Re: number of transactions doubling - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: number of transactions doubling
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Sriram Dandapani wrote:
> Autocommit is set to off once a connection is obtained from the jboss
> pool. It is turned back on when it is closed (so that any idle
> transactions are committed).

Don't know what to suggest then -- if autocommit is off then the JDBC
driver should be sending BEGIN before the first query & COMMIT or
ROLLBACK when you explicitly delimit a transaction. There's nothing
special about batches.

You could set loglevel=2 as a JDBC URL parameter to see exactly what the
JDBC driver is sending, perhaps. Or turn on logging on the server side,
though I'm not sure at exactly which server version the logging of the
extended query protocol became useful.

-O