Re: Dead Lock problem with 8.1.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Dead Lock problem with 8.1.3
Date
List pgsql-general
Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 03:59:48PM +0200, Kai Hessing wrote:
>
>>No one any idea? *sigh*
>

> It probably has something to with the fact that you didn't explain what
> you meant by "deadlock". Also, you refer to a temp table, yet don't
> indicate which table it is.
>
> You'll need to be a lot more specific about your problem before we can
> help. For example, a script to reproduce the problem, or a copy of psql
> output demonstrating it.

Also EXPLAIN output, and information regarding the number of rows in
each table, and the number of rows matching veraid = 2 and veraid = 34
might help.

While the query is running, how much CPU is the process consuming, and
what does vmstat show for disk and swap I/O?

Joe