Re: BUG #17046: Upgrade postgres 11 to 13 version - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: BUG #17046: Upgrade postgres 11 to 13 version
Date
List pgsql-general
On 6/4/21 4:46 AM, Ram Pratap Maurya wrote:
> Dear Adrian,

Please do not top post. It is the convention on this list to post inline
or bottom post.

>   Currently I am using postgres 11 version and I want to upgrade postgres 13 and I am doing this activity , first we
takepgbase_backup from from Postgres 11 and  restore this backup on postgres 13 (new server).

Which version of pg_basebackup are you using to take backup of 11 version?

See here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/app-pgbasebackup.html
"pg_basebackup works with servers of the same or an older major version,
down to 9.1."

What is the exact command you are using?

> I am not using pg_dump .
> I have done this activity on test server and its is working fine .
> My confusion is it is possible to in future we face any issue like upgrade  and vacume or we can`t use all added new
featurein postgres 13.

You will still need to VACUUM, though AUTOVACUUM should take care of that.

Not sure what you mean about upgrade?

The new features will be available to you.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com