Getting prepared statement parameters in log when using JDBC with PG 8 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Murphy
Subject Getting prepared statement parameters in log when using JDBC with PG 8
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm hoping to see the parameters of prepared statements in the
postgresql log when using a JDBC client against postgresql 8.1?

I saw a post  about using the V2 protocol.

Is there any downside to this?

Thanks,
Kevin

P.S.  Looking at the driver documentation, I see that I can append the
protocol specification to the jdbc connect string, e.g.:

jdbc:postgresql://host:port?protocolVersion=2

I'll give that a try.