Re: multiple threads inserting into the same table

From: Tom Lane
Subject: Re: multiple threads inserting into the same table
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

multiple threads inserting into the same table  (Brian Cox, )
 Re: multiple threads inserting into the same table  (David Wilson, )
 Re: multiple threads inserting into the same table  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: multiple threads inserting into the same table  (Brian Cox, )
  Re: multiple threads inserting into the same table  (Scott Marlowe, )

Brian Cox <> writes:
> This is a java app. A thread dump reveals that these 5 threads are all
> asleep on a socket read to postgres (see below).

It seems clear that what you've got isn't a performance problem.
May I suggest taking it to pgsql-jdbc?  The folk there are more likely
to be able to help you figure out what's wrong than most of us.

            regards, tom lane