Re: Vacuum error on database postgres - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Paul B. Anderson
Subject Re: Vacuum error on database postgres
Date
List pgsql-admin
Here are a couple of new data points on this issue.

Deleting all records in pg_statistic and then reindexing clears the problem but I've had the problem in two of my own databases in two separate postgresql instances as well as the postgres database in both instances.

I have a cluster of machines and the databases are on shared disk storage.  I'm just getting this arrangement working and, while I've been debugging my scripts, I've accidentally had two copies of postgresql running against the same initdb directories at the same time on two different machines.  Needless to say, this causes problems and I'm thinking that vacuuming in this condition may be at or near the root of the problem.

Paul

Tom Lane wrote:
andy <andy@squeakycode.net> writes:
So I'm ok, but I tried it again, by dropping the database and re-running
both scripts and got the same error again.  So thought I'd offer a test
case if there was interest.
Absolutely.  I've seen just enough of these reports to make me think
there's an underlying bug.